Friday, January 2, 2015

Cigars and Sunsets

The second day of the new year and my list is long. I got up early this morning after waking from a dream that Angelina Jolie and I had just been arrested for shoplifting from Blooomingdales. She was so courageous. She insisited we deny everything. She was right. I love her for that. Famous folk have a tendency to guest star in my highly elevated dreams. I blame melatonin, but in fact it is actually my own subconscious that is to blame. I had so much I wanted to accomplish today. Take down the remnants of Christmas decor and pack it safely for the oh too soon holiday season that approaches without fail. Clean this ridiculously filthy house to a level that I'm proud of. And to make a memory. Regardeless of its' impact I want to make each day count. And I did. Once I made my peace with Ms. Jolie-Pitt, I ventured over to Home Depot to find a plastic reel that I might be able to coil my red clearance lights from the tree out front to a safe, untangled place that they might spend their year in the shed out back and be easily retrieved for next years display. I got sidetracked by the need for groceries, so I made my way to Trader Joes to stock up on cheap vodka as well as bean and cheese taquitos. Next stop, Sprouts. Filling my basket with fresh fruits and vegetables (Ugh) for the coming week. I am now stocked with potatos. Cheese and potatos. Sure I picked up a three pack of romaine hearts and a few avacados, but alas, the intention lacked as the actual journey brought me what I craved. Al in all it wasn't a bad day. Once the sun began to set, Shawn lit up one of his recently acquired mail order cigars and we spent time on the back porch pontificating out future. What will make this year different for us? What we anticipate 2015 being for us, both financially and personally. And the sun sets. I really love my life. My drink needs a refill and there's a chunky Netflix cue. Goodbye first Friday of the new year. Here's to the first weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment