Thursday, May 21, 2009

Travelin' Joe


We met our friend Joe late last summer. We've been inseparable since we met. He helped dish out the pot pies at our reception. We spent Thanksgiving together. We see one another several times a week. He is without question our touchstone here in San Diego. He spent his entire life here and never fails to make us laugh. He's one of us. He's family. And he's leaving. He is heading up to Palm Springs to enjoy a sun-soaked holiday weekend. Joe brightens up every circle he participates in and I'm sure Palm Springs will be no exception. We've only been there once, over Thanksgiving. What we saw, we liked. But we have never been back. We don't travel much anymore. At least I don't . Since arriving in San Diego, I haven't wanted to leave for anything. I went back to Tucson for Christmas, and before that on Mom's Birthday. Other than that, I stay put. This is to me the most beautiful city I've ever encountered and I hate leaving it for any length of time. The summer weather in Tucson typically exceeds the century mark, and we've seen our share of Tucson summers. Right now it's about 65 degrees here in North Park with a slight breeze as the sun begins to set and cast a pink glow on everything in sight. It's a hundred and three in Palm Springs.
Have fun Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment